Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Wings 3D (x64) 2.2.5 not closing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the daily build from the website and its not closing when you click the X in the top corner, the ui just greys out and stops responding

everything else seems fine Smile
Which OS?

You just opened Wings3D and then tried to close it or were you working in something and tried to leave Wings3D using the window's close icon ("x")?
In this case, did you noticed any small dialog asking for saving? (maybe hidden by the main window?!)
Oops sorry, its Windows 10..
I see the save dialog

Steps to re create:
Open Wings3D
Create a cube
Click the "x" and the dialog appears
select "No"
Wings hangs

re start create the cube
If you click x then save it closes fine
If you click cancel then try again but choose save it will also hang

I'm was trying some import/export workflows for Sketchup so I wasn't bothered about saving the scene

edit:
If I run Wings3D as a admin it seems to close ok.. I'll keep trying
edit 2:
nope still the same as an admin
I have noticed that it have happend to me as well sometimes, have not had time to debug it yet,
'Alt-Q' works and the menu 'File/Quit' as well so something is strange they should all work the same.
I've had file/quit fail too

the development version I've built (ran with w1) always closes
It seems its when it tries to save the backup?
After install the new version stable 2.2.5.
When I try to close the application it crashes and I can't close de window.

This has been happening in Windows 10 64
ulioroberto, is that happening when you are clicking on [X] icon?
Yes! When i'm clicking on [X]
Thanks.
Then it's the same already reported in this thread: Wings 3D (x64) 2.2.5 not closing

Until it be fixed avoid to use this option to close Wings3D. The regular File->Exit is working fine. Smile
I tried a couple of times the sequence in Post #3 in a PC with Windows 7, but I got success in repeat it only once. :/

I'm going to check in a PC with Windows 10 next week.
Pages: 1 2