Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: 32bit Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2.1.7 installed on Raspbian os but its crashing a lot
Raspbian is installed on a laptop not a Pi, I had considered trying to build Wings but the tut is out of date and I get the feeling I'm setting myself up to fail, I'm not Linux savvy so if it goes wrong I doubt I could solve it..
Is there a recent 32bit version?

I have Raspbian because its faster than Lubuntu but sadly the desktop environment is 32bit
Did you try to follow the instructions in BUILD.Unix?
I've not tried yet, I was focusing on getting Windows working Smile

maybe over the weekend
I got it working, no opencl yet but I think I know why
Code:
Erlang/OTP 21 [erts-10.2.4] [source] [smp:2:2] [ds:2:2:10] [async-threads:1]

Eshell V10.2.4  (abort with ^G)
1> wings-2.2.4
Reading preferences from: /home/pi/.config/Wings3D/Preferences.txt
Failed open OpenCL dynamic library
OpenCL not available: undef
2020-01-12T11:16:25.863436+00:00 warning:
The on_load function for module cl returned:
{error,{load,"Library load-call unsuccessful (-1)."}}

Could not initialize OpenCL: env lighting limited
Good to know. Smile

If you wrote down a step-by-step to make that happens don't forget to share here since someone else may have troubles trying to build a linux version in the future. (and assuming it will be valid for any Debian distro).
When I installed the older 2.1.7 I did it from the repository, this installed Erlang but there was development files missing, it fooled me because I could create a erlang wx form but some headers were missing to build Wings so I ran
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install erlang
This installed the other files

in the BUILD.unix file installing rebar3 it states you make, it should be ./bootstrap

I'm still having issues with rebar but I think it just needs the path setting

You have to remember to just have the folder named "wings" without the version numbers
After that it its simply
Code:
sudo make
from within the wings folder

I'll let you know about rebar..
Its so much more stable, I tested the build for over an hour with no crashes or warnings