Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Context menu is partially hidden under Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Three things I found that effect work flow are

1/ On Windows 10 the right click options run off the bottom of the model view, on the older Linux version 2.1.7 this doesn't happen.
For me I would right click on the model I'm working on and this often results in the options being off screen and I find my self forced to click higher, this is probably the thing that would make me give up on Wings sadly... we'll see Smile
[attachment=586]

2/ When you select an image to use as a AO, Roughness, metallic, or height, the warning dialog that its not a grey scale map is up in the top corner and easily missed resulting in the Wings appears to be unresponsive
[attachment=587]

3/ the mode select icons have to be clicked twice, first time to swap focus from the work area.. I think this is more a WX issue

Are any of the plugins modified to use PBR textures?

Wish list item would be a ply exporter, it would make a luxcore plugin a bit easier to develop
Quote:1/ On Windows 10 the right click options run off the bottom of the model view
Ok. I checked and the only situation I could to make it happens was when after get the menu shown I click with the RMB on the Geometry screen. If we left click it before use right click to activate the menu it is always displayed in the right place.
I was a Truespace user for 12 year and a Sketchup user for the last 10 so "right click./menu" is now automatic.. like "s" key is Scale in Sketchup....
left click then right doesn't work for me, UV mapping is off screen
[attachment=590]
Even without the Wings maximize the menu isn't within the work area
[attachment=589]
having to left click anywhere differs to Linux

My comment is as a new/returning user the dialog can be easily missed, it doesn't make sense for it to appear in the top corner, its totally the opposite side to were the Outliner is, you are looking at the Outliner, not the entire screen. my point as a newbie is it can be missed..

I'm adapting I was just trying to help make it better/easier for people wanting to try Wings, and "less clicks and details are usually easy things to fix, I was trying to help

I don't have a photobucket account or anything like that so its hard to show pictures here, I just gave up my web hosting

Any small thing I've noticed is if you look at the help dialogs and move the mouse away from them they do not go away, they still appear in the task bar
[attachment=588]
Quote:I don't have a photobucket account or anything like that so its hard to show pictures here
That is not mandatory, but sometimes it's the best way to show something. Also, the attachment option offers a very short space for each user. I've been using https://postimg.cc/ nowadays.

I understood the dialog would to appears near to the Outliner window, but missing the dialog would means it was just going away somehow - and that should not to happen.
That is a behaviour to be discussed, but not a BUG. That is why I have to ask for more information - we are looking for bugs in this session. Wink

and yes, I noticed the last options of the menu are hidden behind of the task bar, as well as the cut situation happen for when we re-show the menu clicking the RMB without closing the previous shown menu - something to be fixed.
I made an fix/improvement to the "hidden" menu issue (1). Let see if the devs accept that. Smile
Most excellent, thank you Smile