Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: 'Put on' hanging up with just a cancel window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I attempt to do a put on. I select one outer face face from cylinder, RMB put on, LMB, select one side of faces on cube, RMB. I get cancel window and nothing happens.
Attached is project. I believe too many faces selected?
Wings 2.2.3
it works every time in 2.2.4... however you need to make sure you press the space bar if you've seen the error dialog to remove the first selection you made. that's the thing that catches me out having to deselect things with a keypress even when Put On has worked

that corridor scene I posted used Put On entirely, which some massive sections of scenery
digitaldavinci Wrote:I attempt to do a put on. I select one outer face face from cylinder, RMB put on, LMB, select one side of faces on cube, RMB. I get cancel window and nothing happens.
Attached is project. I believe too many faces selected?
You didn't tell us how many faces you selected on the "cube", which I'm presuming it was more than one because of your question: "I believe too many faces selected?".

...and, in this case the answer is yes. Smile

It's a tip for everything in Wings3D:
  • A menu item uses to has multiple options (LMB, MMB and RMB);
  • Always pay attention to the information line (it always shows us the options available);
So, for the Put On command we have these two:
  • LMB option: "Move and rotate object, aligning the selected face to another element";
  • RMB option: "Clone object on to one or more elements"

I'm sure now you

p.s. I'm moving this thread to Interface & Usage.