Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Lotus 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello W3D users!

it's been a long time since I did not post any new stuff her, but this project took most of my free time and finally it's completed.

W3D: all model
Inkscape: Texture (diffuse + normal)
Gimp (titles + normal map filter)
Blender: render (cycles)

Special thanks goes to Micheus for his curve editor. I was able to test it and one print-screen include paths which were generated with his plugin [ spark plugs, brake pipes, exhaust etc) - it helped me a lot, so I can't wait to see full version of his work and make new things in W3D.

Thank you for all updates and patches in W3D too!

Originally, I had a plan to create some scene (therefore there's also the driver) but due to lack of time I leave it as it is now and hope to come back and make some good racing view in future.

Any C&C are welcome.
BR, Hank
really nice work, well done, I love the detail Smile
Stunning
Fantastic work Hank
I'm glad the unfinished plugin was helpful.
All was i said when a see this - WOOW Shocked
thank you for all your comments!

BR, Hank
Wow. I never thought a car model of that detail was possible in Wings3D. One of the reasons I got into 3D modelling was to model cars as I am a huge car nut. In 1983 I restored a 1960 Corvette which I still own and take for pleasure drives.

I've not heard of the curve editor? Where can it be downloaded from?

Are there many tutorials out there for modeling detailed cars like this in Wings3D? I seen many a tutorial for toon cars but nothing like this Lotus!