Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: model posing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently doing a Steampunk R2D2, I did him as an early Sketchup model, so I thought it might be cool to do a Wings3D version

Its getting to a stage where I need to be able to pose him, his body needs to be tilted back as do his legs which also require a mirror of the other

In SU I'd make the parts as component, so one leg, one wood section etc and make a copy I can pose and still model from the original orientation

What would be the best option to being able to quickly pose him then get him back to his modeling pose?
Quote:... and make a copy I can pose and still model from the original orientation
it looks like instancing.
Wings3D doesn't have this option.

Usually, I finish the model, save it alone in the file and then I merge it in a new scene project where I pose it.

Minor adjustments on the mesh can be done even after it be posed.
Mirror can be applied at any moment, so if the item being mirrored is causing that need it may not be a problem - it can be set after posing.
Thanks..
The pipe work and the wheel below him are the things I need to do while he's posed, I'm probably going to change quite a lot before that point thought..
but yes I'll do a duplicate scene, it seems the best way to go, I thought I'd ask just incase there was a something I was missing Smile

doing another scene will work ok.. here's a rendered test, I'm going to massively change is outer legs
It's getting cool.
I've made it a lot harder for myself though! it now has a piston chamber, crank and connecting rod connected to the wheel that I need to move lol
your curve editor will be ideal for the pipe work, the piston chamber would have a flexy tube and another flexy tube from the main body to the leg support