Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: (v2.2.2 Later) Object colors displays dull color.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Object colors (Vertex and solid Material) displays different color.
It happend Wings3D v2.2.2 Later,and both of Windows and MacOS.
I wonder that this may be a side effect of supporting Physically-based rendering

See a following image.
[Image: yfUOg56m.png]
This is an object with the Vertex color applied and a material color created from the vertex color.
In WindowsOS, there were some differences due to the monitor and graphics, but the color tone was dull.
(Note: Each of these objects applies only a single color(Vertex color only or Material color only).
Therefore, there is no multiplication between Vertex and material colors.)

I chose bright red on the palette, but it gives a dull color.
So,I often misidentified it as orange color as red. Sad
I don't like that either.

Two years ago dgud said in this post: "Vertex colors are multiplied with material colors, so that is expected."

Which explain this behaviour, but as we keep the Vertex Color option in Material dialog set to Ignore I think we should really expected it to not influence the material color - and vice versa - at least when we are talking about the default material.

Because of that, if you set your default material to White you probably will see the colours correctly.
So, that is not a bug.
But, the "fix" is to create a white colour material and assign it to the object we want to use the vertex colour (note that we must to keep the Vertex Color property in Material's dialog defined as Set).
Thank you for adveice.
I will try it after.
-------
tkbd