Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Impossible to rename into Geometry Graph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm using Wings 3d 2.4.4.4 on Ubuntu 20.4 64 bits and with some models previously saved I cannot change bodies names or only the first time for some of them. I tried to install newer versions but at run the all exit with this error (even after I reinstalled wxWidgets latest version, but I'm not used to this and maybe did it wrong) ;
application: wings
exited: {{{load_driver,"libwx_gtk2u_stc-3.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"},
[{wxe_server,start,1,[{file,"wxe_server.erl"},{line,65}]},
{wx,new,1,[{file,"wx.erl"},{line,115}]},
{wings_sup,init,1,[{file,"wings_sup.erl"},{line,72}]},
{supervisor,init,1,[{file,"supervisor.erl"},{line,295}]},
{gen_server,init_it,2,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,374}]},
{gen_server,init_it,6,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,342}]},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,
[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,249}]}]},
{wings_sup,start,[normal,[]]}}
type: temporary
gilboonet, can you please take a look at this post and check if it will help you too?
Thanks for the link to this post. I was able to install the package that you gave, libwxgtk3.0-0v5, but after reinstall, I'm now having this error with Wings 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.1 :
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1013,wx containers,compatible with 2.8 ),
and wxCore used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1011,wx containers,compatible with 2.8 ).
Abandon (core dumped)

I'm going to dig this, seems that lots of wx projects have troubles with Ubuntu 20.4, anyway I hope that 20.10 that will soon be released will help with that,
It seems that Wings 3d 2.2.5.1 will be packaged for Ubuntu 20.10 that will be released on october 22. I will try to install it after I upgrade my OS.
Thanks for the update.
The one you download @ wings website is for Ubuntu-18.04 only.

If you have another linux version you will have to use the flatpack variant.
Thanks a lot, I installed 2.2.6.1 with Flatpack and it works fine. I needed to run it with

flatpak run --filesystem=/mnt com.wings3d.WINGS

to be able to use my data that are on another disk than the one where my linux is installed. With this version I can rename into Geometry Graph
Thanks for feedback!

Great tip with flatpak.

Flatpack version have problem with renderers, where you can not reach them since on the outside of
the wings sandbox, I wonder if that can be be solved with the trick above.