Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: rotating groups of objects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in order to overcome the limitations of my pointing device and my inability to find a way to get Wings to rotate the viewport around another axis, I tried to instead rotate the object to a position where it's easier to work on.

I actually tried to rotate _all_ the objects, but soon realized that they were apparently not rotated around the origin (like is the case with openscad for instance) but around something that seems to be their center of gravity.

is there any way to rotate a group of objects as if they were one, and the return to the original position (even if the size and/or position any of these individual objects has changed?)
Yes. That happens in Vertex selection mode.
nah. I clearly used the icon to select objects, clicked on all three objects in the screen to rotate them, and they each had their own center of rotation.

worse: one object (with parts that are not connected.. i'ts from an SVG logo that was converted to STL with openscad) had some parts rotating differently than the other.

need a screencast? I'm pretty sure I can reproduce it
I'm not sure you understood what I said. Or maybe I didn't understand you.

To rotate many selected objects around the origin you must to switch to Vertex selection mode. If you stay in Body mode they will rotate around its center.
oh right. funny side-effects though ;-)