Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: labels for undo history and history list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wings definitely needs to label the undo/redo buttons and menu entries.

like "undo selection", "undo rotate", etc.

also, having a list of actions and begin able to quickly read through the list, select an action and have a button with a label such as "undo up to here" would be very nice.

other buttons alongside this list could be "clear undo history up to here", "clear undo history beyond there", "save the file at this point of the history". also see my next post, called "uncompressed wings files"
The Wings3D undo system was designed to go back one step at the time and I don't think this will be changed someday.

Because you wrote: "save the file at this point of the history":
In case you need to have many versions of your project you can consider to use the File->Save Incrementally option.
this doesn't allow merges between different versions like git does, or does it?

git allows the use of branches, has this massively useful "rebase" command....
engrenage Wrote:this doesn't allow merges between different versions like git does, or does it?
No.
And I don't remember to have read about other 3D app that allow that. They are apps with different propose.
I definitely need to try something in this direction. I'll keep you informed if I any positive results ;-)