Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: (V2.2.7)Information line is greyed out while RMB menu appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this is a bug, but I'm in trouble. Sad
The new Wings v2.2.7 has new handling of RMB menus.
It makes good for in Windows and Linux OS.
But in MacOS,Information line is greyed out while Choosing commands in RMB menu .
The difference in text color contrast is small and I can't see the command description.

I think that similar situation that the geometry window focused-out by another Wings3D modal dialog or switching to other Application.

I checked this happend in MacOSX 10.14(Mojave) --- MacOS11(BigSur)
(Prboably 10.15 too.)
-------
tkbd
The Mac should use the same code as before, it was only re-written for linux and windows.

I don't have a working mac anymore so can't test it :-(
Probably something have happened with the color selected there is a new wxWidgets-2.1.5 included in this
release.
Thanks for reply.
OK,For a while I would like to use another monitor that I have. Smile
I'm manage to read the grey text by the monitor with some settings change.
I see the same thing, status bar text is dimmed when the main window loses focus, whether from a popup or switching to another app, and also the same behavior with the wxWidget demos (latest source from github), status bar and title text are dimmed when focus is lost.

The behavior appears to be intentional. In the wxWidgets source, I can see the code in wxStatusBarMac::OnRepaint that sets the text to an active or inactive color, and if I comment that out the dimming behavior is avoided. I don't know the best approach to resolving this issue in wings, though.
Thanks for checking that.

We probably will need to write a paint event to override the original one, which I don't think it would be good thinking in code maintenance.

But, I assume they did that because it would be the behaviour in the current OSX version. Isn't it?
I don't see any specific Apple guideline on dimming window text to indicate loss of focus. The closest I could find is a pretty general mention of making loss of focus visually distinctive.

https://developer.apple.com/design/human...ew/themes/

I do see that official Apple apps (Xcode, Photos, Mail...) dim the title text, and in some cases other text (Photos dims the text on the sidebar, but not in the main window with the actual photos). It seems really inconsistent, and non-Apple apps don't seem to care, I don't see any text dimmed in Firefox, for example, and I have the GitHub app in dark mode which brings up the issue how you'd apply this rule, if it's a rule, to dark mode apps.

But anyway, I guess there is a reason for the wxWidgets behavior, though one could argue that they should only dim the window title and not the status bar, or make the behavior optional, with, say, a window style.
The guys at wxWidgets also changed another behaviour we can notice at Windows version - at least: they introduced vertical lines in the wxListCtrl control (in Outline, Geometry,...), that is now seeing even with that style property not set. Dodgy