Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wings3D from FlatPak on postmarketOS - GUI menus behave weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.
I installed Wings3D on my SM-A500FU (Samsung Galaxy A5 - 2015), on postmarketOS (which is a Linux distro based on Alpine Linux, designed for phones) and it runs smoothly, but the menus are unusable.
Specifically, I can open the main menus (File, Edit, and so), but I can't select menu voices (in example, File -> Export, or File -> Save), because the focus gets redirected somewhere else (don't ask where, I don't know - xD).
I guess it's an issue strictly related to Wings3D, as every other package just works out of the box.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.
Hi idj

I'm not sure if I can help much on this, but some extra information would be nice.
Which Wings3D version are you installing?

The old version of Wings3D had a undesired behaviour with context menus for linux. Maybe it could be the same one you are talking about.
It's 2.2.6.1
Please take a look at these old report and see if you are experiencing something like this on your screen. If so, you will need to wait for a update of flatpack to v2.2.7 that fixed that issue.

2.2.6.1 right-click on selection (Pop/Ubuntu)
2.2.6.1 - Fedora Linux - Right click menu is huge
I can't tell if I have troubles with right-clicking, because I can't right click on a touch screen.
Before posting, I also tried long-tap, nothing.
By the way, I can't expand submenus or select menu options, that's it.

I hope this will be fixed soon, I'd like to learn and start using Wings3D.
Now that you mentioned "touch" I realized we are not talking about a regular PC/notebook.

Did you get Wings3D working on to Samsung galaxy before?
No, I didn't. I made it to right and middle click with an App called KeyMapper, with which I bound back and select keys (from Android use) to right and middle clicks, respectively.
Anyhow, I still have the menu issue.