Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Feature request: More configurable materials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to comment a problem that I have and that requires modifications in the Wings3D materials system.

I have been modelling for Arma 3 for a few years now, and there are two functions that do not allow the textures to work properly in Wings3D.

The first is that Arma 3, the Normalmap texture (_NOHQ) the red and green colours are inverted. In web to upload 3D models is not a problem because they add a function to invert the red and green colours (they call it the X and Y axes).

The other function that fails me is that for the Emission? texture, Metallic and Roughness, they join everything in a single texture but by colours (_SMDI). It would be possible to implement to attribute a colour channel to these materials using a single texture.

As you can see I have the textures extracted from the original but in the end it's a double work to have 2 Normalmaps and 3 textures for the shaders. Besides it's complicated to verify the final work.

The option of channels for Metallic, Roughness, etc... Ummmm could be a simple scrollable option with 5 options:

So, these are my requirements. Hahaha, kidding, just suggestions to keep in mind for future development moments for programmers and to be seen as a useful and easy to create feature.