Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Tutorials Lack Clear Command Usage With Too Many Hot Keys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been attempting to learn this sw. I gave up on it months ago due to poor tutorials that frustrate more than teach. MOST of them are the same way. The actual string of commands used in each operation is NOT evident nor shown in any videos I've seen from the "collection of tutorials" page / thread.
is there some way to show a transcript of the commands executed? without this, the tutorials are not useful.
can there be some way to improve the videos and other tutorials / learning materials so that learning won't take years?
I've tried literally around 20 software tools. None seem ready for prime time and the "help/learning materials" are pathetic.
I originally thought this was better but I can not spend years hacking my way thru this to learn it. If anyone knows of some effective and clearly done tutorials or other ways to learn this in less than a decade, LMK. Otherwise, I'm gone. I do not have time for this. Thank you for your attention and help.

try to follow the one on the house:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...CF5437AC31
Hi wings3d2021a00

Quote:try to follow the one on the house:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...CF5437AC31
This set of "tutorial" was made by me some of time ago.

In that time, YouTube offered the option to add comments to the videos (boxes with texts) which I used to use and add some information and the commands I was applying. Unfortunately, YouTube removed this feature a couple of years and now all they gone.

As in most of than I use the menus to choose the command I thought it would wort leave these videos still available (just because of the lack of them).

English isn't my mother language and I don't speak is so well as you can hear in the recent video for Curve Tools plugin that I shared (it was my first try adding some audio to them Smile).

In that video you pointed, the hotkeys are the same that are/where shown at some point of the video when a menu is shown.
Like the Select -> Edge Loop [L] or Select -> Edge Ring [G]
I think the one missed was Connect [C] (at 0:15).

Of course, there is situations in which a command in menu can be chosen using the Middle Mouse Button [MMB] or the Right Mouse Button [RMB] instead of the default Left Mouse Button [LMB].

In these cases I use to move the mouse pointer to the Information Line (on the bottom of the window) to indicate which one I was about to use.

Also, if the videos are playing a little fast you have the option to decrease the speed in the YouTube player settings.
And, you also can ask here at the forum. I use to check the forum once a day (at least)
The tutorials (Mushroom, Jack O' Lantern) by Peter Chovanec (PeterC) are a great place to start. The link listed in the tutorials section is not working. I found the tutorials at the following link http://www.geocities.ws/peterchov/index-2.html

oort