Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [closed] Voting for Splash Screen Contest (Dec/2021)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The vote will be available for non forum users too, this way people from the other Wings3D social medias can help to choose the image that will be part of the next Wings3D's splash screen.

The vote will be closed in 48 hours - on December 10th, 2021 - 11:00pm WET (UTC+0)

As stated in the contest announcement, the entries are composed by the inputs which reached the second place from the previous two contests plus the new entries.

Good luck to the participants.

Created with Poll Maker
Here is the official result: https://linkto.run/r/N0HCLQV1

Bellow is a printscreen of it:

[Image: W3-DSS-2021-Dec-Result.png]

Congratulations to Hank by his "Lotus - Type 48" and thanks for all of you for participating in this contest.
See you in the next release!

p.s. As a side note, by checking poll report provided by Poll Maker, I found that despite some basic mechanism they use to prevent multiple votes from the "same person", I noticed an unusual behaviour in the votes to Hank which results in only 13 can safety be pointed as accurate since the others come from the same base IP from here in Brazil using the same smartphone model in a period of 13 minutes. All info referencing to:
Quote:Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.1.0; Moto G (5) Plus) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.92 Mobile Safari/537.36
IP Address: 2804:14c:5b81:84ef:81c2:2dcb:1619:b4f2, 172.70.178.XXX
So, even if we had to discard them manually, those votes would still keep the result as it is, but I thought I had to inform about that.
While I'm disappointed that I didn't win, that excellent geometry in Hank's submission does deserve the win.

Nice going, Hank.
There is always another opportunity. Wink

VictorLincolnPine, that sword in the desert was a very interesting concept. I imagined it like an scene of Transformers. Smile
Your renders are getting better. well done.

ismacou, that set of objects are really cool and its render is fantastic.
I would like to suggest you to have the same care about the background and table to better present your great work. These items looking too fake compared to the realistic look you gave to the other items.

Thank you both for get into this contest.

I should probably make standard to start each new contest with the 2nd place in the previous one.
Hello W3D users,

Thank you for the competition and all the votes!
It wouldn't be possible to make any work in the program without many W3D developers (including Micheus with his curve tool plugin) therefore I'd like to dedicate this model to all Wings supporters.
Keep modeling, coding and developing W3D - simple and powerful 3D tool.
Respect for all your improvements and always best support.

BR, Hank
Hello Hank!

A little bit late, but i congrats you for winning splashscreen contest.
Stay with your good work.

Congrats