Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Linux: Wings3D crashes when starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To avoid the OpenCL warning your system must to support OpenCL.

So, you will need to check the graphic driver you have installed.

In case it supports or you would have to install some dependencies pack to get it available, you will need to delete that file: "/root/.cache/Wings3D/opencl_tmp.txt"
This way, when you restart Wings3D it will try to start the OpenCL feature. If it fail, the file will be automatically recreated.

You can try to search options like this: How do I install OpenCL?
Thanks Micheus, I am aware of that and repeatedly delete the .cache temp file only for it to be rewriten during testing.

I have opencl installed as confirmed by /etc/opencl/vendors file. All is correct in there, intel.icd, intel-beignet-x86_64-linux-gnu.icd, mesa.icd

I have done extensive research to almost confirm the issue is with my gpu itself not supporting opencl, I will 100% be able to confirm or deny this when my new card arrives by Amazon on Saturday

Trying to force driver crashes Wings3D with error Convinces me more it does not support opencl.

cl_nif.c:7342: ecl_pre_load: error code = -1
Using OpenCL via gpu:Name Intel Gen OCL Driver:VSN: OpenCL 2.0 beignet 1.3
ASSERTION FAILED: Double precision not supported on this device (if this is a literal, use '1.0f' not '1.0')
at file ./backend/src/backend/gen_insn_selection.cpp, function void gbe::ConvertInstructionPattern::convertBetweenFloatDouble(gbe::Selection::Opaque&, const gbe::ir::ConvertInstruction&, bool&) const, line 6227
Trace/breakpoint trap
New graphics card arrived, installed all appropriate drivers and related software, deleted .cache temp.
Got the following message.

root@live:~/wings-2.2.8# ./wings
wings-2.2.8
Reading preferences from: /root/.config/Wings3D/Preferences.txt
DRM_IOCTL_I915_GEM_APERTURE failed: Invalid argument
Assuming 131072kB available aperture size.
May lead to reduced performance or incorrect rendering.
get chip id failed: -1 [22]
param: 4, val: 0
beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)
beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)
cl_nif.c:7342: ecl_pre_load: error code = -1
Using OpenCL via cpu:Name Portable Computing Language:VSN: OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.6, None+Asserts, LLVM 9.0.1, RELOC, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG

(Erlang:157Cool: Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:33:37.968: gtk_window_resize: assertion 'height > 0' failed
error: unable to execute command: Error waiting for child process: No child processes
error: linker command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
Final linking of kernel schlick_brdf failed.
Aborted
root@live:~/wings-2.2.8#

Given up messing, just gonna use as is cos it's amazingly fast now.
Remove the INTEL opencl stuff that you installed previously, it seems to choose the
wrong opencl driver.

I assume it is not an Intel gfx card you installed, but I915 in DRM_IOCTL_I915_GEM_APERTURE
above indicates it tries to use the inbuilt INTEL CPU/GPU.

Working OpenCL drivers on linux might require some googling.. :-(
New card is Nvidia G-force I wanted that for some photogrametry experiments but tried it with wings3d with only a different error.
It's a live system on flash drive so doesn't save anything and I have googled till I am blue in the face but thanks for reply.
hi guys,

Linux Mint 19.2

my error:
wings-2.2.8/bin/beam.smp: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

BR, Hank
Install libtinfo6 package, e.g. `apt-get install libtinfo6`
I updated the libtinfo.so.6 but now I get:
/home/marcone/wings-2.2.8/bin/beam.smp: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/marcone/wings-2.2.8/bin/beam.smp)

strange, because I have newer version of glib (glibc source -> 2.31)

BR, Hank

BTW. Flatpak's 2.2.8 DEV link is referring to 2.2.7 version
Quote:BTW. Flatpak's 2.2.8 DEV link is referring to 2.2.7 version
Interesting that I was just try do download it and I'm redirected to the Flathub.org page for v2.2.6.1.

I was expecting to get the v2.2.7, because I think the v2.2.8 was not already uploaded.
you click Flatpak 2.2.8 link. The Flatpak page has information that it is 2.2.6.1 but when you download, then you get 2.2.7 Smile
Pages: 1 2 3