Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Juspion - The JUStice ChamPION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.
I started modeling again with Wings 3d and this is my first model: Juspion - The Champion of Justice:

For now, follow the Open GL images from the head, for your opinions.

FRONT VIEW:

SIDE VIEW:

BACK VIEW:

PERSPECTIVE VIEW:

I intend to model it all. Head and body!

I'm still studying the new YafaRay to make a render.

I'm using Wings3d 1.5.4 and installed YafaRay 3.4.4
It looks good.
I'm missing one wire frame view and then we can evaluate the mesh. Smile

Be aware if you are going to smooth it later, before render, the UV mesh will probably be messed.
Also, except if it's intentional, I think the texture would look better if you increased its resolution a little. We can notice the lines are not so smooth.
Thank you for your comments Micheus.

And it was based on them that I decided to rework the mesh, so that the texture is well aligned in the future.

Below are the views of the model:

Front View

Side View

Back View

Top View
Thanks for the mesh.

Quote:And it was based on them that I decided to rework the mesh, so that the texture is well aligned in the future.
Yeah. This is one of those characters that we can work the mesh to match the texture colours and then use vertex colour to paint it and further transfer it to the texture.

Except if you want the edges be shaper, sometimes the use of extra edges near the main ones give you better results when you apply the smooth for the final model.

I think the vertical hard edges on the antennas aren't necessary. Are them?
I thought they were cylindrical in the original personage.

It's possible to see you did a lot of vertices/edges adjustment. Did you used the Tweak commands for that? If not, try them (move, slide - no magnet active). It's very handy for these fine retouch. Wink
Hello guys.
I had some personal problems last weeks, but they are solved and I came back to my model.

Micheus thanks for the comments. I want to know how to "use vertex colour to paint it and further transfer it to the texture" like you mentioned.

I worked more to improve the mesh like you said, to give better results. I dont have abilities to use the Twake commands, so i did it all manually, using basic commands.

Below, the up to date model:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Thanks again for the tips and encouragement!