Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] v2.2.9 Ubuntu 22.04 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
doesn't help with the issue I have though sadly
nigec sad to hear you still didn't get it working properly.

You didn't tell us if you tried the version downloaded from wings3d download page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wings/f...ngs/2.2.9/

Did you tried it too?
I think I've tried always apart from building from source
I can't build from git either, erlang can't find various things like openssl, which is there or the java compiler which is also there.
obviously I don't know which versions of the required tools were used, none of the up to date stuff plays nice.
I'll check back some other time Smile
I installed Linux Mint Mate with the files Hank recommended and Wings is working fine now
Nice to know you can now run Wings3D again. Smile

Next time I start my Ubuntu I'm going to get the note file I created with the needed step to build Wings3D from scratch in a fresh Linux install.
That should help you to figure out the missing dependencies that are preventing you to build it by yourself.
22.04 seems a really bad distro, Unity game engine has issues too
Yeah updating the Linux build thread would be good, Erlang from source seemed to be the main issue to everything having problems as the installed dependants seemed to new and Erlang couldn't use them, but then again I'm no Linux expert
Pages: 1 2