Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Linux fractional scaling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am running Wings 2.2.4 on Linux Mint 20.x with the Cinnamon Desktop and fractional scaling enabled. The result is a 3D image that is 1/4 the size in the lower left corner of the application and the status bar is rendered in the middle of the screen. However, the selection function assumes that the model is filling the screen - in other words, it is offset.

I am wondering whether this is a known issue with fractional desktop scaling, or has something to do with my desktop, or distro, or AMD graphics card - maybe it has been fixed already in the current release, please let me know.

Hi broozar
I'm not a Linux user, but I cant try to take a look on this when I rebuild my linux hard drive.

At Windows, by using a 4K resolution monitor and using the scaling feature set to 200%, I don't experiment this issue. Even if I use a value like 125% - which seems to be equivalent to the Factional Scaling on Linux in accord with this article I found: Fractional Scaling (HiDPI) Between Windows & Linux

I don't know if it's something we can workaround or not. dgud is the one that can say something about that.
Anyway, I looked at wxWidgets docs/forums and found they recently added some functions that should with this stuff related to "HiDPI" settings. If that help, probably it would be available in the future only.
I just rebuilt my linux HD using Ubuntu 22.04. I enabled the "Factional Scaling" and adjusted it to 125% and also to 175% - all the time Wings3D screen was loaded correctly.

I noticed you are using the v2.2.4. Can't you update it to the latest version and see if it works ok?
Because I think the wxWidgets feature related to this HiDPI stuff was not implemented yet in the version we used for that Wings3D build.