Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wings3D as a command line renderer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, if a have, say a 1000 obj files, would it be possible to use Wings3D to make screenshots of the models (wireframe edges + faces) using the command line?

So launch Wings3D, set up the camera pos, coi, fov, (maybe edge colour) and have it import an OBJ and make an image?

I am looking to just replicate the editor view, but automate it from the command line.

Thanks.
Hi Bram

1000 files?! That is a lot!

There is an convert_script at Wings3D install folder that can convert files in batch mode, but for screenshots a plugin would need to be written.
Thanks Micheus!

Good to know.

So yeah, it's a bit of a complicated story, but I had a quick n dirty proc-gen anim that writes a 1000 frames, with each frame in its own OBJ file.

In the end, I decided to hack my game engine to support this weird use case, to generate the images.
Quote:In the end, I decided to hack my game engine to support this weird use case, to generate the images.
Cool.
Good to know you already have solved your problem. I could build a plugin for that if you didn't need it for yesterday. Smile