Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Bump(NormalMap), Bump(HeightMap) visual glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After applying Bump(NormalMap) or Bump(HeightMap), part of the mesh is not affected.
Also to the left of the "Oval" you can see diagonal line. In the corner above, Bump map is reversed, when shading is flat (Workmode), and becomes normal after enabling smooth shading (pressing tab).
This visual glitch, however, does not present on the exported models.

[Image: bump-map.png]

steps:
1. create cube and unwrap it
2. apply normal map
3. remove base colour image so it is easier to see

Wing3D 2.2.9 x64.
Windows 10 x64.
Hi markie

It's a strange behaviour. I use normal maps frequently in the same setup (v2.2.9 + Win10 - and now 11).

Can you share this exact file (with the images made internal), then I can check it from my side?
Sure. Here is the wings file.
It's an interesting issue.
I didn't notice it before and I think I already used a simple box with a normal map. Rolleyes

Anyway, as far the mesh gets more faces or the UV mesh gets more complex and the issue seems to go away.

If we extract those faces and use the same material/texture on them we don't see the issue:
[Image: Normal-Map-Issue.png]

In this example I'm overlapping all the cube faces and using the entire UV range and we see the glitch stays in the same place as you shown in your cube.
It looks like something in the shader code.

Thanks for reporting.
Fixed
Thanks dgud.