Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Windows 10: 2.2.9 closing down right after starting up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sure thing, I'll try and get back to you. I have been using the 32 bit version for a bit btw, seems to be working just fine.
Ok. Thanks.

There is no problem have both 32bits and 64bits installed. They will only share the same preferences.txt (and external plugins you may have installed)
Alright, first I'd like to apologize for not responding to all your replies, I'm unaware if this is just how it is but I'm not receiving notifications about this thread, so I had missed everything after I managed to open the 32bit version until I received your email earlier today. Just so you know I did thoroughly read all of them.

After reinstalling my graphics driver and changing the MSSA to what you said, the 64bit version opens just fine now.

Sadly... I still get the message "Could not initialize OpenCL: env lighting limited" on both versions.

I checked the stuff you posted about enabling OpenCL. My CPU is an Intel Core i5-2400 and after checking in device manager it seems that my graphics do not support it. I tried installing the msi file for old CPUs but that didn't do anything, and there's nothing else for me to install in Intel's driver page so I'm fairly certain nothing can be done about it.

Either way I'm happy to finally be using the program, I must sound like a broken record here, but thanks for all the help Smile
Malbo Wrote:After reinstalling my graphics driver and changing the MSSA to what you said, the 64bit version opens just fine now.
Nice.

Quote:I tried installing the msi file for old CPUs but that didn't do anything, ...
Do you mean you installed it and after start Wings3D you didn't get the OpenCL working?

If so, by considering you GPU really doesn't supports OpenGL via GPU you may have to put your hands in the preferences.txt file and fix that. Smile

Look for the Preferences.txt file in the place you saw printed out on the console (you can use the menu Windows->Log Window for that), then edit it and include a line with this:
Code:
{cl_type,cpu}.
Tried that, still get:

"OpenCL not available: {opencl_failed_previously,
"c:/Users/Figueredo/AppData/Local/Wings3D/Cache/opencl_tmp.txt"}
Could not initialize OpenCL: env lighting limited "
Oh! Sorry.
I forgot about that.

When we get it failing once, if we can fix that further by replacing a graphic card or deciding to use the CPU mode, then we have to delete that file (c:/Users/Figueredo/AppData/Local/Wings3D/Cache/opencl_tmp.txt) - it's checked on start to avoid it fail again.
Yeah still nothing, I think that functionality is just beyond my pc.
Sorry about that.

We cannot say we didn't try everything possible to make it work. Smile
Pages: 1 2