Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Rig support into Wings3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Wings3D, sometimes I really can't use anything else. It's very sad though that rig and bones are not supported (as far as I know).

Usually I make my models in Wings, do the sculpting, do the UV mapping and then I export them as .obj/.3ds.
I import them on Blender, do the rig and finally export the model as .fbx.

If I could do the rig on Wings it would be very nice! Is it possible to see that feature in the future? Is it already planned?

Thank you!  Shy

P.S: I should use Blender directly for rigged models, but it's so frustrating to use...
Hello SidusBrist,

I think rigging support is something that might happen at some point, there's some discussions on the project's github.

Currently I am planning to implement some support for bones in some of the upcoming exporter plugins I'm working on in anticipation when wings has support for it. I might also help out if possible as one of my planned plugins I would like to make is making a simple list window (similar to the outliner) where bones are entered by a menu and their coordinates adjusted by data entry.