Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [fixed] Popup menu - selection garbage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Micheus,

I've tried the patch you propose. It solves the "out of screen" problem, but there is still some strange behavior :

Try to open any popup menu, put your mouse somewhere in the menu to highlight one item, then change your mind and press Escape or click outside the popup to close it. Now, the next time you display the same popup, the previous item is still highlighted and you got a double selection. And if you repeat the process, you may end up with many different items selected simultaneously (cf. the screenshot below). Well this is not very annoying, but this behavior didn't happen in previous releases, I guess that some code line may have changed in the "wings_menu" file.

[attachment=697]
Yeah. I noticed that is happening sometimes in v2.3.
I should be looking on it tomorrow.

It's like the selection is cashed. If we move the mouse to an option moving it around (outside) the menu window and do that repeatedly we can get all items selected.
This issue should have another origin, because the fis handles just the window and mouse location.

Moving the mouse over the item options as usually will "turn all of them off".

Thanks for reporting.
sciroccorics, I just updated the wings_menu.beam file at Patches/Fixes for Wings3D session.

I noticed the patch are not reapplied, then you will need to remove the previous one manually.
If you are under Windows OS, you are going to find it at C:\Users\<your profile name>\AppData\Local\Wings3D\2.3\patches
Tested and approved !!! Thank you for your reactivity...

I should really find some time to learn erlang. I know, I already wrote this in a previous message, last year, but it would really be great to be able to write some extensions for Wings. I really like this software, and got plenty of ideas for new stuff, but the unknown programming language makes it complicated to start coding.
You just need to start. Try something simple to get used to it.
You can use the Programming session to ask questions and the Design & Development to share your plugins.
Be sure someone will try to help you.
Read https://learnyousomeerlang.com/content
If you can program it takes a couple of days to learn.
Great ! Thanks for the link, Dan. I've got 25 years of C/C++/JavaScript/Python behind me, so a new computer language should not be a pb. I just need to find some time to dive into the project.