Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: missing textures...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. I have tried importing .obj files several times, and several ways, and can't figure out the problem. Basically, the files, on disc, looks like:

C:/temp/fembot
[]Maps
walking.mtl
walking.obj

c:/temp/fembot/Maps
body.jpg
derf1.jpg

Err.. Ok, this is odd, I think I see the issue, so, let me check on it..

Hmm. Here is the bug, and.. I think I found two actually. First bug:

/Maps/derf1.jpg and \Maps\derf1.jpg ===> C:\Maps\derf1.jpg
Maps/derf1.jpg and Maps\derf1.jpg ===> .\Maps\derf1.jpg

In other words, having the extra / in front is causing the import to think it should look in the root directory, instead of the current one. I think Poser did the same thing, so.. this may be a bug in the exporter that generated the original file, but.. it still seems odd.

The other one.. well, maybe its not a bug, specifically, but.. I really don't need to have 15 copies of derf1, names derf1, derf2, derf3, etc. nor 10 of the other one, when its only using two textures. It might be a good idea if someone looked at the import code, and had it track, and check against, its own "existing" texture imports, so that when it needs the same texture again, it uses the already loaded a copy. Otherwise, you end up having to like.. reassign the first of each copy, to all the places they are supposed to be, *then* delete all the duplicates. Which is just.. a mess.