Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Re-texturing 3D model in Wings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am new in using Wings 3D so I beg you for help. Here's my problem: I import a 3d model that already has been textured in some other 3d software. I delete all materials in "Outliner" window. Then I want to UV map it on my own. I select faces I want to do, and click UV mapping, but instead of normal window that appears with model I made entirely in Wings, that default texture appears immediately without anything, (sometimes with them in shape of triangle taking up exactly half of texture) and that default texture doesn't show up on faces I selected. What should I do? I just want to UV map model in Wings 3D that already has been textured in some other 3d modeling software.
MonteMNE,
Welcome to Wings3d and the forum. I am not an expert on AutoUV. I think you have to use RMB instead of LMB when you start UV Mapping. Watch the information line at the bottom which tells you "R:Force to segmenting mode (delete old segments)". I think that is your problem???

oort
(07-20-2013, 01:57 PM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have to use RMB instead of LMB when you start UV Mapping.
MonteMNE, I think that oort's tip should help you. But, if it isn't enough there is a "hidden" option for remove all UV mapping
In the Body selection mode [B], select the object; Access the context menu [RMB], look for Vertex Attributes and hit it;
There are some options that would help too, but I suggest you use:
- Remove All Attributes;
- then, with the object still selected, in the Outline window select default material and with the context menu use Assign to Selection.

I would be enough we use only Remove UV Coordinates, but I found an bug for that situation: the UV material is still assigned to the object. If you delete it, the vertex colors become inconsistente (not white).

If you need to try this option, don't forget to make a backupp of your project before. Wink