Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: new pallette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, i would like to have a new color palette made with pantone colors.
Anyone knows how to do this.I took photos of them on the pantone site.I suppose i have to import them in wings3d and then use the color picker in the palette to transfer them.I don t know if this thing is legal or not because pantone is a proprietary system but it would be much easier to use the right coloring scheme afterward.Please advise me how or even if any other mean would be more adequate...
Edit: found out snap image and all the menagery;exit ,center and such. solve it somewhat ...
koipetta,
Instead of using snap image you could also File > Import Image to load the image into the Wings file. Then you can Select the image in the Outliner > RMB > Show.

You can then edit the palette gray squares by RMB > Edit > Use the Eyedropper to grab a color from the image you loaded.

I think that if you want to create a new palette you would RMB > Clear All. Then edit the gray squares for all the colors you want in your palette. Then RMB > Export to save the palette to a file. Then you can load the palette into new files or share it with other users by RMB > Import.

If you know the RGB values needed for the Pantone colors you can enter those numbers instead of using the eyedropper.

I found a site that lists RGB values for Pantone colors... Pantone RGB

Unfortunately wings RGB values are on a different scale (0 to 1) instead of (0 to 255). I think I have software that will convert the numbers. Let me check... It is OpenRGB... RGB Calculator

oort
(07-30-2013, 02:08 AM)oort Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have software that will convert the numbers.
The software is called Wings3D =)
You can do the conversion directly in the input boxes: just specify the desired 8-bit integer divided by 255. For example, if you want 77, type 77/255 and tab out of the input box. Wings will evaluate this to 0.301.
nemyax,
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. That makes it much faster.... Smile

Edit: I see that OpenRGB calculates 77 as 0.30196 (5 digits) and Wings only allows up to 4 digits (0.3019). Does this affect the color enough to suggest this being changed? I ask because I know nothing about this... Smile

Thanks,
oort
In fact, the resulting value for that expression in the input box is 0.301961. That's six decimal places.
UP YOURS, OPENRGB!!!!1111 MWAHAHAHA
I didn't notice that there were more digits beyond the four... Blush

Wings3D is awesome... Smile

oort
thank you Oort for your response.So nice to have people with such friendly knowledge.It cover pretty much all i had to know about palette.Thank you very much again.