Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How can i create a trianle face ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Say i have 3 vertexes which are bound to some faces, and i can't connect them to create a face
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for, but take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJ-ZXmrlAY

At about 2 minutes, Fonte Boa talks about re-building faces. If that's not what you're after, can you post a screenshot as an example?
(10-29-2013, 12:57 PM)fencepost52 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for, but take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJ-ZXmrlAY

At about 2 minutes, Fonte Boa talks about re-building faces. If that's not what you're after, can you post a screenshot as an example?
Ok, here is the problem in the attachment
actually this is not a real problem, just for example
Afaik you cannot connect 2 vertices when there is a line in the way, so you need to destroy it first, it doesn't work either on separate models
(11-03-2013, 08:42 AM)Kruzschev Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik you cannot connect 2 vertices when there is a line in the way, so you need to destroy it first, it doesn't work either on separate models
You are right, thanks for the tip.
But how can i create a triangle face when there no lines intersected ?
by faces there is a triangulation option
also for some reason I cannot open your thumbnail (it keeps logging me off there?)
by vertices you need to make sure that you connect it to the other side,
for example you want to triangulate a cube via vertices you connect one of the vertices like this / or \ depending where you selected it from
To connect vertex across edges, use "Connect"

quick example:-

Simple cube with multiple edge loops. RMB(for menu)-> open tools menu:-

[Image: 4sDpPfy.jpg]

select "Connect":-

[Image: op0OhMX.jpg]

move mouse over vertex or edge for first selection, when highlighted, LMB to select

[Image: 7xf6Zqa.jpg]

move mouse to next selection(edge or vertex on same model), a line will drag out showing where it will be created:-

[Image: lExGVUz.jpg]

LMB on selected vertex or edge to create connection:-

[Image: 9F1pGLS.jpg]

RMB to exit the connect tool.

To add the triangle face, you need to create it as a solid. If you are adding the triangle to that model, so it is part of the model(not a separate part), you can make edit, but you need to be careful, as it can be easy to make a mess and corrupt the model.

[please note, I am no expert with wings, this is just the way I would create the geometry)

Quick example:-

model with 3 vertex selected showing where I want the triangle:-

[Image: 8sLa6lo.jpg]

first create an edge loop(shown in red)

[Image: AeuxGQe.jpg]

select the corner edge and delete it:-

[Image: whYEUkT.jpg]

With the 2 vertex (shown) selected, press "C" to connect them

[Image: mU7TrsO.jpg]

there are also the 2 other vertex behind the ones you have already connected that need selecting and connecting, so that it is then a solid.

[Image: x3E57zt.jpg]

Hope you can follow that OK.
(11-04-2013, 07:21 AM)Stem Wrote: [ -> ]...
Hope you can follow that OK.
Stem, thank you very much ! Thought that Connect command from tools is the same as on RMB, but it works differently and just amazing, that what i meant

(11-03-2013, 10:55 PM)Kruzschev Wrote: [ -> ]by faces there is a triangulation option
also for some reason I cannot open your thumbnail (it keeps logging me off there?)
by vertices you need to make sure that you connect it to the other side,
for example you want to triangulate a cube via vertices you connect one of the vertices like this / or \ depending where you selected it from
Yes, i found that on tessalation->triangulate during selected face(s), but this is not quite what i needed, thank you for the help anyway.
PS. Seems problem with atts is that there is no space in my profile (300KB almost used), and atts which crossed limit just deleted by site engine
(11-06-2013, 04:11 PM)ios29a Wrote: [ -> ]PS. Seems problem with atts is that there is no space in my profile (300KB almost used), and atts which crossed limit just deleted by site engine

You can upload to an external site, then place a link in the post.
(11-06-2013, 08:08 PM)Stem Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2013, 04:11 PM)ios29a Wrote: [ -> ]PS. Seems problem with atts is that there is no space in my profile (300KB almost used), and atts which crossed limit just deleted by site engine

You can upload to an external site, then place a link in the post.
Smile Ordinary i use SkyDrive which is embended to Windows 8.1 (Windows 8/7 has separate installation), so you drop a file to explorer folder and do sharing and get an url.
Attaching an image is abit easier