Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Wings 3D 1080 Monitor Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently bought a new monitor at 1080 but it goes laggy for no reason even though before on my 1024x768 it never went laggy even when I had tons of models on screen. Even when I have nothing on screen the program runs laggy, I would really like to fix this problem if I can as it's slowing me down. I hope it's not the new monitor because it probably is, I doubt it's my pc specs as I have 2gb ram and 1.6 dual core so that should be enough.
Something I found:
Quote:"Big monitor + low vram card = lag city. Also what response time does it have? more than 5ms is very noticeable."
So, if you are using an on-board graphic card - sharing memory - you probably will have some problem.
Oh so a 1080 screen causes it to go laggy, wings 3d doesn't require that much to run so I never thought that 2gb ram wouldn't cut it. Is there any way to improve performance through the settings as I haven't saw anything relating to that.
It's not a Wings3d fault, I think you already noticed since you get the same problem with games (that link I post before is from a Game forum).

I'm not sure that it can be fixed due "display lag" definition:
Quote:Display lag is a phenomenon associated with some types of liquid crystal displays (LCDs), and nearly all types of high-definition televisions (HDTVs). It refers to latency, or lag measured by the difference between the time there is a signal input, and the time it takes the input to display on the screen. This lag time has been measured as high as 68 ms,[1] or the equivalent of 3-4 frames on a 60 Hz display.

Depending on what you graphic card (that you didn't inform yet), you would be able to play with some settings and see what happen.
Yeah, this is all Graphics Card. Fortunately for you, if you bought a Monitor, I assume you have a Desktop, very easy to plug in a new Graphics card. Save your lunch money, spend 50$ on one that says HD and has a gig of video ram ... should do ya!