Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Concave text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys!
I would like to know your way to get this effect (attachment). I use the option: Face | Bridge - Imprinting and the 'shape' and cutting a hole defined by this shape, but it takes a very long time, connecting each letter individually with each other face ...
Do you have any other way, or there is an option that allows you to connect the text with the cube?

Thank you in advance for your answer!
Regards
Create a cube behind the letters and flatten each side faces of the cube to the other faces of
like this
> http://imgur.com/nriwXcB,SfpnpK7#1
then you just combine both these cube and the letter and then use the cube as a reference
use the cubes face that is behind the latter and use the "put on" command
delete the cube
then you can proceed on your normal procedure

uh you could also try the boolean | subtract/union feature from the manifold labs version of wings 3d, that should speed things up a bit, through it doesn't create all the necessary vertices and connect them like bridge does well atleast a minimum/maximum of 2 vertices connection

that procedure is called block printing afaik,
If it were me, I'd Boolean the letters to a flat piece, then Bend it afterward!
Thanks!
Dears, I am new with this program. At the moment I am trying to make concave text on cube. Could someone explain in steps how I can easer to make it. Thank you in advance for help.
Stimorol, first of all, welcome to our community.
(04-19-2016, 12:07 PM)Stimorol Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment I am trying to make concave text on cube.
Do you have any sketch of what you intend to get as final result?

The approach should be very similar to the previous one.
Thank you for quick reply. I am trying to make everyting like wirten in upper posts, but can‘t get a result as in video. My text shouldn‘t be curved. Only concave needed. I am making a cube also making a letter or text behind. Putting on cubes one face letter or text, then combining them and then trying to deformate letter with move or scale. I want to have a result opposite (female/minus) letter or text when it is place on cube.
Ok, first of all you only will be able to use the Booleans approach if you install the Wings3D-ManifoldLAB version by ggaliens.

After you do that, check this new video that should help you. As you will see, it uses the same boolean approach:
Supper! Smile Thank you for help very appreciated ! If I have more questions can I ask you for more help ?
Pages: 1 2 3