Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Camera only rotating one direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been such a long time since I've used Wings... I haven't modeled in forever and have never been able to do the most menial things in Blender. However, when I installed Wings again, I found a more major than my own incompetence: whenever I try to rotate the camera (no matter the camera type), it only rotates one way (clockways, looking down the Y axis). This extends to other things as well, such as moving objects and transforming -- it will only go one direction (seems like it's always "positive"). I can rotate up and down, but only one way laterally. In fact, even if I only rotate up or down, it still turns left at the same rate as if I were to try to turn it left or right.

I have already had to select the workaround, "Camera moves and interactive commands are jumpy" just to get it somewhat usable. Even with that unselected, it seems to only be jumping and rotating way too fast only in that one direction.

I am using Wings3d 1.5.2 on 64bit Arch Linux using a generic 3-button optical mouse. I've tried both a tiling WM (AwesomeWM) and floating (IceWM), as well as removing all peripherals but my mouse to see if anything was interfering (like my drawing tablet). I have not encountered any issues with mouse input in any other application.
Hi Zopiac, welcome back. Smile
Check this post, maybe it can help you..