Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: [1.5.2] Crash when I am changing the language to Polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed language to Polish (Edit / Preferences / User Interface / Language / Polski) and I received a message:

"Internal error - log written to c:/Users/user/Desktop/wings_crash.dump Click a mouse button to continue working".

Then Wings 3D stopped working.

The file content "wings_crash.dump":
http://pastebin.com/fRv5AVMN

Specs of my PC:
- Windows 8.1 (Polish)
- Intel Core i7 4770K
- MSI GTX 760 2GB
- 16GB RAM DDR3

Driver version of my graphic card: 335.23
The problem does not occur in earlier versions of Wings 3D
Mateix, this problem was already reported. Take a look at this post and check if can "fix" your problem.

Other threads for the same problem: #1 and #2
It did not help.

But I found the solution:
You need to find the file "wings3d_1.5.2\lib\wings-1.5.2\ebin\wings_pl.lang" and you need to change the first line of "coding:utf-8" to "coding:ansi". It now works!
That line is just a comment (that is what those "%" means in the file).
The file content is a text "coding" using UTF8 charset. So, if it worked for you, maybe your editor can have write the file "recoding" it to ANSI charset. It's just my thought.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.
No the coding is specified in comments but still used by erlang to know how to interpret the file content.
(03-18-2014, 09:13 AM)dgud Wrote: [ -> ]No the coding is specified in comments but still used by erlang to know how to interpret the file content.
Thanks for the information.
So, it seems that the workaround used by Mateix is a valid procedure to fix the problem. Rolleyes
it should be %% coding: latin-1 (or utf-Cool
ansi does nothing which solves by luck here but will not work in erlang 17 where utf-8 is the default encoding