Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Hi to all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,

I'm a new member (joined long time ago but never been active since now), and currently I'm working as a 3d modeler for a small Augmented Reality enterprise.

Since few months ago I've never worked on the 3d (I was IT technician) but finally I managed to get into the 3d world with my actual job.

We're using 3dmax (u_u') but I asked if I can use blender for modeling and my boss agreed Biggrin but I want to test some other modeling software.

I've testing also nvil (voidworld) for subd modeling and modo, but the one I think I enjoy more is wings because it is like old nethack style games compared to new ones, they seem simple, without the fancy and spectacular graphics, but as you play you discover an entire universe within that goes deep and deep. Tongue

Well, I expect I will be around here for a while so thank you guys for this great software and keep on!

Ps: If I make odd language mistakes is because I'm not english spoken person so, sorry!
Asticles,
Welcome to Wings3D and the forum. Do not worry about your English as it is very good... Smile

Just out of curiosity, what country are you living in? If you are willing to share...

oort
Asticles, if you are worry about your english, just wait until you hear (or read) the mine... Smile
Greetings!

I'm from Spain, here there is no very much people who works with blender and a lot less that do it with wings3d. Unfortunately autodesk rules a lot here.

It seems that small studios have a lot of fear to opensource and they prefer to work with the established software and workflows.

Where are you from, oort and Fonte Boa?
I live in USA and Autodesk rules here as well... Smile Sad

Fonte lives in Brazil... I think that is correct based on his Wings3D forum...Wings3D Brazil Forum

oort
At work if blender is involved in any procedure, if there is a problem is a "blender problem" u_u!
The troubles of opensource.