Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Off colored Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what im doing wrong. When texturing a model, some colors are off color.
For example, grey comes out ok. But when i try green in Gimp, then refresh the texture in Wings, the Green is blue.
Am I not doing something right or are my textures wrong.
Also noticed some textures dont line up with the model correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.
Try changing the default materials slightly blue tone to white. Does that help?
(04-30-2014, 03:43 AM)sp111kg Wrote: [ -> ]For example, grey comes out ok. But when i try green in Gimp, then refresh the texture in Wings, the Green is blue.
Check the material property and look for Vertex Color field and be sure it is set to Ignore.

Quote:Also noticed some textures dont line up with the model correctly.
Depending on how strange it is, maybe it can be a graphic driver issue. I experienced this kind of problem in the past.
Im doing some reading up to see how you do what you suggested. I made a test model and this is what I got doing what I did the first time. Hope it will help
http://oi57.tinypic.com/30xiw60.jpg

I have GIMP and Wings open. As you can see, the cube is suppose to be Dark Earth Green but its a strange color.
The Cube is a simple, spawn and make texture. Didn't change its color or anything in wings itself.
As for the not lining up correctly, I am not sure how to fix that. Im working on a laptop as my desktop is out of commission at the moment.
As I said, im still doing some research on how to do as you both suggested. I have only one manually installed add on, though I doubt that will affect the textures.
Thanks for the replies as well as any more
Unfortunately I'm getting a error accessing the link. Would you check it?
I am able to view the image link without any problem....

sp111kg,
Maybe you should post the .wings file. It may help with troubleshooting the problem... Smile

It may be that you are not using AutoUV correctly???

Edit: I just figured it out by doing a test of my own. It is an issue with how Gimp exports by default. When you export form Gimp make sure that you set the "Compatibility Options". "Do not write color space information" needs to be checked.

The reason the gray areas were showing the right color may be because those areas had no uv mapping on them...?

oort
oort, ill try that, micheus, the link is wowkring fine. Though, I will upload to another hosting site.
Ill update this post with what I come up with.

Ok, so I went and tried to do what you recommended, but I cant find the options you said to look at. So im going to see If there is a tutorial on how to do it.
Its strange, but as micheus said, I think its my graphics. My old pc had no problems showing the images.
sp111kg,
I am using Gimp 2.8.10 and the option shows up when I File > Export as > Select a name for the file > Export > Replace > Export image as BMP dialog > Click + next to Compatibility Options. Maybe it only works if you export as BMP???

oort