Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: User Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just done a simple re-install of Wings 3D Version 1.5.3 Stable Win 32 bit on my Windows XP machine. I did this in the hope that my original installation was faulty but the problems I have remain.

1. When I try to alter the title bar text colour using the Preferences/User interface it does not alter in the preference settings or the title bar.
If I open the palette again for the title text the colour I chose (R 1, G 0, B 1) is still selected see attached file interface1.jpg.
[attachment=195]

2. In the file interface2.jpg the contrast in the Information Line is great but the contrast in the Geometry window title bar is almost non-existent. Is this related to problem 1?
[attachment=196]

3. Similar problem in the preferences window itself.
As you can see in interface3.jpg I did manage to change the colour of some of the dialogue disabled text, although not that for the check boxes, and the box displaying the chosen colour is unaltered.
[attachment=197]

4. Finally a possibly unrelated issue.
As you will see in interface4.jpg the top option in drop-down menus, sub-menus and some pop-up menus is hidden until the mouse pointer is hovered over it.
[attachment=198]

I'm sorry to raise these issues and maybe they belong in the gripes forum. My training and documentation background suggests the default User Interface should be reflective of the documentation (like tkbd's Dictionary images and vice-versa) so new users can follow it properly.

As I become more familiar with the program I will endeavour to contribute to the documentation.

Cheers,

Paul
ubiquity, everything is related to a graphic driver issue (or OpenGL driver).
I experienced that in the past when I also was using a PC with XP OS and a poor onboard Intel graphic card. Sometimes many options became hidden. Undecided

The Wings3d's UI is pure OpenGL - no native OS elements (menus, dialogs, ...).

In this case, do not use the Classic Green Theme - I noticed that in PC's with this problem, change the theme was a workaround.
Change it to other schema (Edit->Themes) - thinking about contrast, I like the Dark Blue Theme.
Thanks very much for the explanation Micheus
As you say the dark blue theme provides the best contrast with what appears to be a complete palette.
I do indeed have a limited onboard Intel graphics chipset which I realise will limit what can ultimately be done using Wings 3D.
One of the things that attracts me to Wings 3D is the clean, uncluttered interface. This is encouraging for the 3D modelling newbie who, perhaps, will be working initially on a similarly limited setup. Given my background I tend to look at things through trainer's eyes and hence how difficult or easy it will be to explain to someone else.
Thanks once again, and I would be quite happy for this thread to be closed.
Cheers,
Paul