Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Manifold Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Sorry in advance if this is the incorrect place to ask about this.

I tried installing the Manifold lab plugin.

Each time I try and make a voronoi surface or solid, an error message pops up as in the attached image. It says Qhull tool is missing.

I normally just use Wings as a hobby, so I'm not massively knowledgeable about anything, let along plugins!

I installed the plugin .tar file from the File Menu. I can see all the tools, they just won't work without the other plugins. I tried installing them separately but nothing is working for me.

I am working on Mac OSX 10.9.2 with the latest stable Wings release.

Any help much appreciated. I am probably doing something extremely newbie!

Never mind. I reinstalled wings and now the plugin loads fine. How strange!
Hi, there is a proper thread for manifold lab plugin in the forum index: ManifoldLab Plug-ins Collection

I hope ggaliens also could be tunned on other threads and answer you soon. Smile
Thanks for the quick reply. I managed to rectify the problem by doing a fresh install. No idea what went wrong but it's sorted now.
OK ... if you want to learn the "general case" for "foaming a shape" ....

We should start with a fairly low-res stanford bunny or similar where it is all Triangles.
Nice remesh ... and maybe 4000 tris or less. Lower the better.

I have a sample bunny in Mlab ... but I think maybe it has too many triangles.
Thanks for the reply, I'll check my other thread.
(05-19-2014, 03:58 PM)ggaliens Wrote: [ -> ]OK ... if you want to learn the "general case" for "foaming a shape" ....

We should start with a fairly low-res stanford bunny or similar where it is all Triangles.
Nice remesh ... and maybe 4000 tris or less. Lower the better.

I have a sample bunny in Mlab ... but I think maybe it has too many triangles.

(Sorry ... please delete or move to proper manifoldlab subforum for us ? )