Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Beginner. Voronoi Cube.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for your awesome reply. I'll give that a go and see how I get on.

I can remesh anything in meshlab using "Surface Reconstruction VCG" and then "Subdivision Surfaces Loop". It adds loads more triangles and makes the mesh more grid-like. I managed to get some decent results this way. I applied a point cloud around my object and then "voronoied" the surface of this new neat mesh. Maybe this is the way to go instead of a wings workflow?

[Image: ScreenShot2014-05-21at000737_zpsc49d079c.png]

and another one with geometry:

[Image: ScreenShot2014-05-21at032156_zpsd0087866.png]
Apples compared to Oranges

If you have knowledge of MeshLab features we don't ... I need your help.

That being said ... your images above SHOW EASY CASES.

Show me a TRIANGLE tesselation that follows areas of higher frequency and different rates of curvature.

Human lady has eyes ... NOSE ... toes ... ... all these things require that the triangles "smoothly" change frequency from one region to nect and still make a pretty mesh.

Can you do that with MeshLab ... two of use have not been able to get that result despite hours and hours and hours of trying all the resample methods.
HELLO

Very interesting thread.

Thanks for video tutorial m galliens.

For olishea

a little tutorials for your 3 minimals voronoi cubes, please?
FWIW if you can load the object into FreeCAD (try obj format) and then goto their meshlab tab - you can "create mesh" and choose netgen as engine. Then select and export as say STL or obj again.
This will generate the voronoi shape you're looking for. (Used for FEM analysis).

However it won't be a wings model and you may have connection issues with dangling edges etc. I don't know for sure - I hope it will work for your model.
Neon ... what do you think if the FreeCAD ... just a quick browse makes me drewl a bit. Booleans ? Foaming ?

Interesting for sure.
I've been making a servo case and documented some problems I ran into on their forum. Overall I'm impressed by ability in "Part Design" tab to make objects with parameterised connections.
- http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7478

They have decent openscad integration which allows them to properly merge entities when you're done with adding fillets etc.
Also the booleans work well because entire engine is using solid core lib. So just like we use winged-edge model to ensure topo correctness, they have a nice solid engine at their core. Of course with poly basis we get a lot more problems when trying to do booleans. Congrats on doing so well Smile

wrt foaming - haha no way. You could definately look at doing your 'tricks' in their api. Nice python basis which is at least somewhat close in some concepts. but API is entirely different Sad
Python forum is here: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=22

(as a side note I wil contact you about a possible plugin for a sculptor friend real soon.)
(10-14-2014, 06:59 PM)Neon22 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been making a servo case and documented some problems I ran into on their forum. Overall I'm impressed by ability in "Part Design" tab to make objects with parameterised connections.
- http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7478

They have decent openscad integration which allows them to properly merge entities when you're done with adding fillets etc.
Also the booleans work well because entire engine is using solid core lib. So just like we use winged-edge model to ensure topo correctness, they have a nice solid engine at their core. Of course with poly basis we get a lot more problems when trying to do booleans. Congrats on doing so well Smile

wrt foaming - haha no way. You could definately look at doing your 'tricks' in their api. Nice python basis which is at least somewhat close in some concepts. but API is entirely different Sad
Python forum is here: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=22

(as a side note I wil contact you about a possible plugin for a sculptor friend real soon.)

hello all
thanks neon 22 for your post.

IT's a new solution for voronoi.

I think olishea work with original prog /meslab and you , your prog is Freeecad for linux os.

thanks to two .
Pages: 1 2