Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error that says:

Setup has detected this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following needs to be resolved before it is able to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 redistributable Setup software package. Below this paragraph states that: A newer version off Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 has been detected on this machine.

Anyway to fix this?
I believe that you should be able to install the VC++2010 included with Wings3d. In case the setup didn't mark it for install (check the "Install Microsoft DLL's..."). You can do that without problem - many versions of VC++ can coexists in your OS environment.

In case of Windows doesn't allow you to install it because your newer version already installed you have the option to uninstall it and reinstall it latter. The latest can be find here:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
(08-04-2014, 12:59 AM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that you should be able to install the VC++2010 included with Wings3d. In case the setup didn't mark it for install (check the "Install Microsoft DLL's..."). You can do that without problem - many versions of VC++ can coexists in your OS environment.

In case of Windows doesn't allow you to install it because your newer version already installed you have the option to uninstall it and reinstall it latter. The latest can be find here:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
Thanks!