Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Problems with UV Map Segmenting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm very new to Wings 3D but I've used various 3D modelling software in the past so I've caught on quite well. I'm just running into some problems with UV mapping. I've read everything I can find on UV Mapping with Wings 3D but nothing helped.

When I select my model, right click and go to .UV Mapping, why does it only sometimes show the AutoUV Segmenting window?
The window only appears every time when I use a model that I made in Wings3D, but if I try to do the same thing on a model that I imported, it skips the Segmenting window entirely and I get this thing in the window on the right:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/25ow0vk.jpg

I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that I imported the model as a .obj. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do about it. The most mysterious part I find is that I got the segmenting window to show up on the model once, but now I can get it open again.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to Wings3d community Gungo. Smile

The link for the image is not working. Can you check it?
I do not use to work with other software, so what I can do is export to .obj and then import the .obj again, but I can verify this problem with Re-segmentation. Would you make available an .obj file in which this happen?
Thanks for the reply. Sorry that the image doesn't work. It works just fine for me. By the way, I actually just figured out what to do. When I right-click to open the menu and left-click .UV Mapping. it goes to the window, but I noticed I can force segmenting mode if I right-click on .UV Mapping. So basically I figured out my issue just by observing the software a bit. Thanks for the reply anyway though!
Ok. Good you figured out what was wrong.