Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Mirror-like texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am still a newbie and learning, but having a lot of fun :-)

The second piece of furniture I want to model is a wardrobe with mirrored doors. I tried to ask Google and found some information about how to do this in Blender, but whenever I search for "mirror texture Wings3D", I have to wade through many, many results on how to use the mirror/virtual mirror tool, which is not what I am interested in.

Could someone please put me on the right track? What do I need to search for? Is there a tutorial or some documentation on how to do this?

I am attaching my current file, which I created by imitating the textures in http://www.sweethome3d.com/models/contri...mirror.zip. However, the result doesn't look nice at all :-(
Hi. Im newbie too. Im sleepy now and my brain is not functioning properly now, but what about flipping UVmap of second door horizontally ? Should work. .
Hi, thanks for the reply.

When I said "mirrored doors", I didn't mean they are mirrors of each other, but that the surface of the doors is one big mirror (on a wardrobe, so you can see what you look like when you get dressed). I looked up "Spiegeltüren"/"portes miroirs" in a dictionary, I'm not sure its right ;-)
As far as I know, Wings do not have real reflections, it program purely for modeling and not for making such scenes.
I know wings support exporting to Kerkythea and POV-Ray (those are for rendering scenes ?) so maybe someone more experienced than me jumps in and help you :-)
Cheers
(08-30-2014, 10:08 AM)psycholinguist Wrote: [ -> ]When I said "mirrored doors", I didn't mean they are mirrors of each other, but that the surface of the doors is one big mirror (on a wardrobe, so you can see what you look like when you get dressed).
When I read your question I thought the same as Raid. Rolleyes

You will not able to see reflections inside Wings3D. What you can do is define that kind of material for export to renders like POV-ray or Kerkythea as pointed by Radi.

So, what you want is not related to Wings3D. You are talking about a material that should be applied to your model to be used by another 3D application.

As you made another post talking about the Sweet Home 3D I think you want load your model into it. In this case, that tool should provide you a way to apply this kind of material. I search if for you in the Sweet Home 3D Forum and there is a thread about that: MIRROR EFFECT
(08-30-2014, 02:23 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]So, what you want is not related to Wings3D. You are talking about a material that should be applied to your model to be used by another 3D application.

As you made another post talking about the Sweet Home 3D I think you want load your model into it. In this case, that tool should provide you a way to apply this kind of material. I search if for you in the Sweet Home 3D Forum and there is a thread about that: MIRROR EFFECT

Great. I searched the wrong documentation & forums (the wings3d ones) Undecided No wonder I didn't find anything.

Well, I know there's a lot I don't understand yet. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction!