Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Z axis coordinates not updating dynamically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While free moving an object I noticed that in the Information area showing dynamic x,y and z coordinates of object position the x and y coordinates are dynamically updated but the z coordinate remains at 0.00 even when there is considerable displacement in the z axis.
Attached is a screenshot captured during movement.

Once the new position is accepted (LMB) a subsequent check of coordinates using Absolute Command .move does show a current value for the z coordinate.

Wings Ver. 1.5.3
OS Windows XP
IMHO, It's not really a bug, since Move Free moves things in screen space (as most other softwares would call it I guess), hence using only two relative 2d->3d axis.
You are right VladD.

p.s. I'm moving the post from Bug Report to Interface & Usage session.
OK - thanks for the explanation!
I shall point this out to my students as an anomaly, rather than a bug, since, at present, I can see no practical purpose for the dynamic figures.

P.S. It would make an interesting mathematical problem, for those so inclined, to resolve the 2D space coordinates shown dynamically into t .he 3D space positional coordinates or vice-versa Smile