Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Can anyone help me get this looking better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I just joined, and have been loving Wings3D ever since I was told about it a few days ago. I have been using it to skin scrabble boards for a free gnu license program called Scrabble3D, and it's been AMAZING...but when I export the results and load them up in Scrabble3D, they look awful. Sad

Here is how they look in Wings3D:

And here is how that same board looks in Scrabble3D:

Can anyone tell me why the board looks so low-res and pixelated in the second image, when it looked so great in W3D? I was told to edit the *.mtl file from the OBJ I exported to load the *.bmp image, NOT the *.bmp.tga. Scrabble3D will not load *.tga files. Is that what's causing the problem?

I used this guide found here, and followed it exactly. I tried it and set the texture scale to 1000% once (as per the guide), and tried it once without doing that. The results were the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
That is not a Wings3d issue. It looks like the Scrabble3D is resized to a small image.

I found your thread in the Scrabble3D forum.
Your problem with colour changing into the game would be assigned to the colour space being saved in the .bmp file. If you use Gimp, you can
Open the image on it and then use File->Export As...; preserve the name as it is [Export]; [Replace] and in the dialog expand the Compatibility Options and check "Do not write colour space information".
Thanks for your reply! The main developer of that program says that it's a limitation of opengl...that the image has to be tiled. But my question is, why can't the image be tiled exactly once, in the right spot, and at the right resolution? I'm really frustrated. Sad I just can't understand why it isn't possible to do what I want.

So you think the boards just have low resolution? Is that something he can change, do you think?

Sorry to post this here, if it isn't even a W3D issue. I was hoping I had just overlooked a step, or done something wrong. Sad