Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: How to get UV maps into the model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Wings 3D users, I need some help: I am using Wings 3D as a beginner in 3D modeling and not as the main application. Wings 3D helps me to clean a model. It happens that I create a model in 3 different apps. I start in Sketchup which is comfortable for me, save obj file and import it in Wings where I make the cleanup and save DAE for some game. Lately I started to learn UV maps and made some in another app which works great for me. The problem is, that I have a file with UV map (png file) and obj produced by Sketchup. I want to merge them again in 3D Wings and produce a final result. I know how to import OBJ file and how to make DAE. But I do not know how to asign that png file with the UV map. I hope somebody maight have an answer for me. Smile
Hmmm so your model have uv maps and you want to assign a texture (skin). Try this first:
-open your model in wings
-open that texture file (in the tab where you import you will see an 'import image' option. Use it)
-now in outliner select that texture and assign it to all materials which your model use. (Select this image and drag it over material in outliner, small menu should open and choose "diffuse"). Hope it works.
(11-05-2014, 01:05 AM)Radi Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm so your model have uv maps and you want to assign a texture (skin). Try this first:
-open your model in wings
-open that texture file (in the tab where you import you will see an 'import image' option. Use it)
-now in outliner select that texture and assign it to all materials which your model use. (Select this image and drag it over material in outliner, small menu should open and choose "diffuse"). Hope it works.

Thank you very much!! I did import of the image, which was the most important for me to do in outliner. Then I looked into UV mapping, some window appeared (Auto UV) and when I click on the maps there the preview shows me how those maps cover the model.

So you were very helpful at this momen, pointing my attention to that import image. Now I am not sure how to do with both imported images, I also have a normal map. I suppose 3D Wings can do that some similar way but I see nowhere any tutorial for it.