Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Cant set radius of brush in sculpting mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!

I am a recent wings user, mainly use lightwave otherwise.
I am impressed with some features in wings modeler indeed.

I was about to check the sculpting, I can sculpt and when I enter sculpt mode and adjust the brush radius with clicking alt and then drag the mouse i can see the radius size that is to be set, but however..when I sculpt it seems that the change of size don´t affect the sculpting, and when I look at the status info bar, it says "radius none"

am I missing something or is this a known bug?
using 1.5.3 version

Michael/aka prometheus on newtek/lightwave forums
prometheus, wellcome to our community.
It's always cool to know that someone who uses a big 3d application can be impressed with some Wings3d feature.

About your question: yeah, you are missing something. Smile

You should be noticed there is the info "(Magnet is Off)" in the right side of the "none". The radios works with Magnet ON only.
Use the context menu to enable/disable it as well choose the magnet style you want to use (Dome,Absolute,Straight,Spike and Bell) and other options.

Pay attention to the information line (at bottom) - Wings3d used it to "talk" to you. Wink
(11-17-2014, 12:55 PM)micheus Wrote: [ -> ]prometheus, wellcome to our community.
It's always cool to know that someone who uses a big 3d application can be impressed with some Wings3d feature.

About your question: yeah, you are missing something. Smile

You should be noticed there is the info "(Magnet is Off)" in the right side of the "none". The radios works with Magnet ON only.
Use the context menu to enable/disable it as well choose the magnet style you want to use (Dome,Absolute,Straight,Spike and Bell) and other options.

Pay attention to the information line (at bottom) - Wings3d used it to "talk" to you. Wink

Thanks, yes..some things are indeed impressive..and some things works better the lightwave way, that´s the nature of things...though I recognize that I found wings might help me with certain modeling tasks and perform shapes and shell extrudes that I wouldn´t work on with lightwave really..but it goes the other way around too.
I will make a list of what I like and what´s the differences between doing it in lightwave vs wings.
maybe even post some samples on youtube.

To the issues, yes I knew the magnet was off and thought it must be activated, the problem is I can´t acess any context menu in sculpting mode, I cant right mouse klick and get any menus at all, I can´t ctrl+R click to get to sculpting menus as it says in the info bar
and at the top I only got one icon for select adjacent faces and the view menu, the rest is just non clickable info bars.

But I can´t access any of it, I have tried with the tweak menu, and activated the magnet there, and it works for the tweak tool, but if I switch to sculpt it still isn´t active.

Michael

bla...I was misinterpreting the ctrl+R it is of cours ctrl right mouse, not ctrl+r button.

it now works as it should,

Thanks
(11-17-2014, 08:21 PM)prometheus Wrote: [ -> ]I will make a list of what I like and what´s the differences between doing it in lightwave vs wings.
maybe even post some samples on youtube.
Let us know if you do that. Smile

(11-17-2014, 08:21 PM)prometheus Wrote: [ -> ]bla...I was misinterpreting the ctrl+R it is of cours ctrl right mouse, not ctrl+r button.
Yeah. We use to write/say LMB/MMB/RMB option or the short ones R, M and L as reference to the mouse button.

We don't have a full documentation, you should be noticed. Sad
But, as you already know another 3D tool I think you will understand the "wings3d way" soon. This basic information you can find under main menu Help->Getting started. You also would like to take a look at a "reference card" that I consider a big enforce of user known as tkbd: WINGS 3D Help Dictionary.