Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Beginner - help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am new to Wings3D and Manifold.
I just downloaded the Manifold version of Wings3d, and it works great. (I needed the boolean stuff).

I'd like to browse the help of the manifold stuff, to get a feeling for what other goodies are there. The problem is the help pages are not opening on double click.

I can browse (search) them, but not open them. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
C
ManifoldLab help system is designed primarily to help you do key word search for functionality ... and use the results which show you where related commands can be found on the overall menus system.

This is not working for you ?
Ah ok, yes, that part works fine I guess. (see link for screenshot)
http://lodgia.com/wings3d.png

I guess I just misunderstood the system. I was expecting to be able to double-click on the resulting items, and get explenations on these...Ok, great, no problem then. Got it.

What I was looking for though was some description of all the functionality in ManifoldLab, as some of the menu items, I don't really know what to expect from.
Does some documentation like that exist somewhere else?

ps. What I've seen from the Manifold extensions so far, it's really cool. I like it, keep up the good work.

Thanks
C
too many options... 0 descriptions..
Maybe... But it's easier to complain then to implement, test and document ;o).. I'm pretty happy with the options even if there's minimal documentation... I really just need the boolean stuff, this is why I went for the Manifold version, all else is bonus to me.
hehe yeah you have the point, Boolenas are great, also I found that I often use a Select>Lots More>.planar faces. or something like that. I missing that option earlier Smile

other options are still waiting for me to discover Smile Nobody command us to use everything available there ^.^
Manifoldlab is a living system and the name is supposed to betray the alpha nature of it all.

And I can react to simple querys about whats there and can change. If I held myself to a typical release standard for software ... it would really slow me down a lot. Im apt to fix broken things when discovered. And I can and do answer email queries about mlab.

Good luck with mlab.
Mlab is not so scary ^.^
unlike your avatar Biggrin (big fearsome dude Oo ..aaaaa just run!)