Wings 3D Development Forum
Why does this happen with every other build? - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Why does this happen with every other build? (/showthread.php?tid=171)

Why does this happen with every other build? - ggaliens - 02-05-2013

Why does this happen with every other build?

Nothing is changing in my build environment except for very minor plugin changes. Something is extremely unstable with my build system.

Dump written 2013-2-4_20-20
Version: 1.5.0.2013-02-04---20-00.mlab
Window: "<Unknown Window Name>"
Reason: {"No suitable OpenGL mode found (are OpenGL drivers installed?)",
[{wings_init,video_mode_failure,0},
{wings_init,init,0},
{wings,init,1}]}

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - micheus - 02-05-2013

I never experienced this issue.

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - oort - 02-05-2013

I haven't had this either but I am still working with 1.4.1...

oort

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - jrabbit - 06-20-2013

I have this problem myself . I am running windows xp pro with the latest nvidia drivers . Wings worked fine , than one day it just wouldn't run anymore . I have many opengl apps all working fine . The crash dump says :
Dump written 2013-6-19_23-2
Version: 1.4.1
Window: "<Unknown Window Name>"
Reason: {"No suitable OpenGL mode found (are OpenGL drivers installed?)",
[{wings_init,video_mode_failure,0},
{wings_init,init,0},
{wings,init,1}]}

I had the same problem in 1.2 , than it just went away by itself one day . When I installed 1.4 it worked fine for a year now nothing . Very fustrating because silo hexagon xsi zbrush sculptris ect ect all work fine so opengl is not the real problem , rather wings cant seem to hook it .

Thanks

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - micheus - 06-20-2013

jrabbit, did you do by yourself or noticed if your NVidia drivers were updated recently? (Windows update can do that)

This error comes from a call to SetVideoMode in SDL library (that is used by Wings3d) - so, it seems to be really a drive related issue - not exactly Wings3d thing. Smile

By Googling: opengl modes setvideomode we will find a lot o information related to a kind of virus/spyware.

Check one of this: Set Video mode to OpenGL.exe File Information

I cannot affirm that it's your case, but I would think about the possibility.

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - ggaliens - 06-20-2013

I seem to recall finding myself at fault for this because of the way I was building.

Oh well. Can't remember it any more.

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - Louise - 10-29-2013

what version do you use? i never met this problem.

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - dgud - 10-29-2013

Hmm I have also had that sometimes, don't remember what I did wrong either.

RE: Why does this happen with every other build? - ggaliens - 11-05-2013

Anyone having this problem might want to at least try a few different builds of Wings3D (just wings3d ... no manifoldlab) Try an old wings (1.3 or 1.4) ... try a new one (1.5.x).

I think my conclusion re: why I was getting the error of the initial complaint was that my build process was actually a problem (ie my fault). So ... I think we might actually be posting here about a few different problems ... adding to the confusion.

You can always cite the problem you are having in your own words ... and also list the official build that you have downloaded (FILENAME, date-timestamp etc). Then someone else can join in and try to experience you pain ... even if they don't have same exact external software environment.