Wings 3D Development Forum
New test release, please test - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New test release, please test (/showthread.php?tid=2158)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New test release, please test - oort - 10-04-2016

dgud,

Ok, I see, it is ok that I cannot undock the main Geometry window. Now I am wondering if there is a way to avoid having Geometry window #2 docked automatically. When I move it around it gets docked when I do not want it to. It would be good to be able to specify a size for any additional geometry windows for rendering.

Sorry, I do not know enough about Alpha maps to answer your question. I use an Alpha map in the "Alpha Transparency Leaves" YafaRay example file that is on my website. I just want to be able to choose Alpha map as an option for "texture type" when I drag the image onto the material. As it is now, the Alpha map in that example file is labeled as Gloss since there is no option for Alpha... Smile

P.S. I just noticed that moving images being viewed with "Show" are automatically docked when moving them around the screen...

Thanks,
oort

RE: New test release, please test - povmaniac - 10-05-2016

Micheus.. Any sugesst for a new camera options? In some cases the scene is a 'mirrored' than wings3d in TheBounty.

RE: New test release, please test - Dimitri - 10-05-2016

Can someone give, please, a simple visual explanation of what the new bridge command does?

RE: New test release, please test - micheus - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 09:09 AM)povmaniac Wrote: Micheus.. Any sugesst for a new camera options? In some cases the scene is a 'mirrored' than wings3d in TheBounty.
I need to fetch your branch to see what you are talking about.
The changes I did to camera module shouldn't have a side effect since it was an addition - everything was kept as it was.

(10-05-2016, 11:44 AM)Dimitri Wrote: Can someone give, please, a simple visual explanation of what the new bridge command does?
[Image: bridge-RMB_zpsbgad92gg.gif]

and the subd:
[Image: smooth-subdiv_zps9b8ynst5.png]

Micheus... camera issue is solved using 'reset to default' option.

[Image: default_camera.png]

RE: New test release, please test - Dimitri - 10-05-2016

Thanks Micheus! So the new subdivision command is a subdividing without smoothing command. Such a command exists in ML version too. It is good to have it in the official version also, as an option to the already existing subdivision command, however.

Good! Happy to see that Wings is evolving. Thanks to all who contributed for having the new version! : - )

RE: New test release, please test - micheus - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 02:12 PM)povmaniac Wrote: Micheus... camera issue is solved using 'reset to default' option.
Good to know.
I added that option to reset it to default Wings3D settings since after play with the camera options we are not able to put it back to the default state. It was a headache when I was playing with the new additions. Smile

But, if the user wants to change things and get a render result like what he/she see on screen, then the plugin needs to play with those settings.
That is why in this post I told:
"The renders plugins will need to manage these information too in order to render the scene in the same way we are seeing."

Just in case someone get in doubt about the new icons meaning on Outiline window:
[Image: outline-legend_zps25e76jjk.png]

Yes, its in my TODO list. But before, I need finish the exporter code, for make it useable. Smile

RE: New test release, please test - amfitrione - 10-06-2016

Big thanks for Micheus and dgud, good work

RE: New test release, please test - nemyax - 10-06-2016

How do you dock and undock windows?