Wings 3D Development Forum
New test release, please test - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New test release, please test (/showthread.php?tid=2158)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New test release, please test - nemyax - 10-06-2016

dgud
I'll give it a spin tomorrow, thanks.

RE: New test release, please test - nemyax - 10-07-2016

dgud
I'm only getting the following traces:
Quote:Move win x:y
Active true|false
wings_wm:787: Dropped Event autosaver: redraw
I forgot to mention I'm using a dual-monitor setup. However, disabling the second monitor doesn't help.

RE: New test release, please test - dgud - 10-07-2016

Ok you should be getting a 'Move win X:Y' line for every pixel you change when moving the window,
(so it seems like something is different on your computer),
that is the event wings are using to display the dock information and to dock the window.

I have no ideas what might be wrong or how to fix that sorry.

Does things things work after you have moved a window?
If you use the camera in geom window, like rotating camera does the geom window update/work as it should?

RE: New test release, please test - oort - 10-07-2016

dgud,
The reason I need to be able to move the geometry window without it docking automatically is to have control of the window shape and size for rendering. This is why I would want to be able to specify the size of the geometry window, as well.

Also, it is a little annoying that when viewing an image or texture and then moving it, it becomes docked when I just wanted to move it to the side to compare with another image. I do this when comparing two renders with different settings.

Thanks,
oort

RE: New test release, please test - micheus - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 12:58 PM)oort Wrote: The reason I need to be able to move the geometry window without it docking automatically is to have control of the window shape and size for rendering.
I didn't have time to modify the POV-Ray plugin, but I still think that it's a problem to be solved in the render plugins. Try to match the render camera with the Wings3D's camera settings.

oort Wrote:Also, it is a little annoying that when viewing an image or texture and then moving it, it becomes docked when I just wanted to move it to the side to compare with another image.
Maybe a easy way...
Observe the place you hit the mouse over the title window. It will define if you will try to dock or not. Just avoid it position to get over the main Wings3D window. Is that understandable? I can record a video.

We don't have the old "drop down/up" style window anymore, so it almost doesn't make sense keep a window covering the main one. On the other hand, if you have a screen with a big resolution you may use the main window not maximized and have space for let these "float" windows.

Micheus,
Thanks! I see now that by defining a Custom Lens under Viiew > Camera Settings, I can define a lens that is 600 x 800 and then specify 800 x 600 in the YafaRay Camera settings. This results in a render framed as expected... Smile

Why are the numbers H x W in the Camera settings? Is that normal for a real camera lens? If so, maybe the settings in YafaRay should be swapped (Height, Width instead of Width, Height as they are now) to be consistent with the Camera settings to avoid user confusion???

I think you are saying I can avoid docking by avoiding moving the Outliner, etc. over the main window. I can do that, but unfortunately I still have an old square monitor instead of a widescreen monitor. I guess I need to learn to work with the new way. I have not worked with programs with docking so I guess I have a steeper learning curve... Smile Sad

Thanks,
oort

RE: New test release, please test - Marcin Maćkowiak - 10-07-2016

- Sometimes after material assign new window pops out with the same material editing.

- When I dock UV map window then edit and later again undock to close it wings3d gets internal error crash.

RE: New test release, please test - micheus - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 04:31 PM)oort Wrote: Why are the numbers H x W in the Camera settings? Is that normal for a real camera lens?
The camera dialog show us the Negative Format ?x?. Are you talking about that?
That order is consistent with the way people can refer to film format.
"For 35mm film (24mm by 36mm), the diagonal measurement is 43.27mm. 50mm is close to this measurement so it is considered a "normal" lens." - take a look at this link.

(10-07-2016, 04:56 PM)Marcin Maćkowiak Wrote: - When I dock UV map window then edit and later again undock to close it wings3d gets internal error crash.
I couldn't reproduce it here, but I got it by keeping the UV Editor window docked and closing the project I was using UVmaps.

Micheus,
Thanks for the link.

So, Width in a camera is the vertical distance and Height is the Horizontal distance. Should the rendering dialogs list "Vertical" instead of "Height" and "Horizontal" instead of "Width" and be listed in the same order as they are in the View > Camera Settings dialog???

Thanks,
oort

RE: New test release, please test - povmaniac - 10-07-2016

Oort, remember you: in TheBounty the coordinates are rotates..

%% The coordinate system is rotated to make sunsky background
%% and environment images work as expected.
%% It assumes `South Y=East Z=Up in TheBounty coordinates.
%% Hence Z=South, X=East, Y=Up in Wings coordinates.
%%