Wings 3D Development Forum
POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 08-09-2016

Guys, thanks for test.
Do you think it would be interesting we have an option to "hide" the image using only the light effect?

That was something I wish I could do, but only just now found a workaround that produce this effect.

oort, I found that we can use sIBL-Edit for conversion from Angular and MirrorBall style to Long/Lat that is a preferred format to be used by 3D applications. It works like a charm. Smile

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - oort - 08-09-2016

Micheus,
In YafaRay we can turn on Alpha Channel in the background to avoid seeing the HDRI in the render. Then you can use The Gimp or other software to add a new background image.

That way you wouldn't need to worry about getting the Light Probe HDRI 180 degrees away from the direction you are viewing. You get the same funny backgrounds in YafaRay when you use Light Probes.

Thanks for the link to the HDRI editing software. I did not know about that one. Will definitely try it.

Edit: The first link about Radiosity in a previous post does not work.

oort

(08-09-2016, 07:46 PM)oort Wrote: In YafaRay we can turn on Alpha Channel in the background to avoid seeing the HDRI in the render.
That will not work in POVRay. As it can be useful I'm going to add an option to disable the background image using that workaround and let see what we get as result. It will work almost like in SkyBox mode.

Do you think the image should be disabled by default?

p.s. link fixed. Thanks.

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - oort - 08-09-2016

Yes, for HDRI Light probe I think it would be good for the image to be disabled by default. I assume it would be an option that would appear when the user chooses Light Probe for the HDRI type.

I am surprised that after all these years Pov-Ray does not support Alpha Backgrounds... Sad

P.S. Thanks for fixing the link.. Smile

Thanks,
oort

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - Asticles - 08-09-2016

Micheus, I'm trying with a new scene and, how can I change the hdr intensity?

Also, I cannot manage to make the hdr emit photons, is there any option to be enabled from scratch on a new scene?

Thanks!

The intensity you change playing with Gamma parameter in the light dialog.
About the emissions what the problem are you experiencing? Did you enabled the radiosity on the Render options dialog?

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - Asticles - 08-09-2016

Yes but gamma is not the same as intensity (of light emitted).

Yes, I've enabled radiosity and wanted to get hard shadows from hdr.

Edit: check with this: https://hdrihaven.com/hdri.php?hdri=hilltop_construction

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 08-10-2016

The only way I got "hard" shadow was adding another source of light with no much power as I mentioned before.

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - tkbd - 08-10-2016

Micheus , oort Thank you for the advice!!
Yafaray plug-in check turn to OFF, and a setting change for each light object.
Then the environment mapping has been well rendered.

RE: POV-Ray [plugin] (updated: 2016/Aug/08) - micheus - 08-10-2016

(08-09-2016, 10:48 PM)Asticles Wrote: Yes, I've enabled radiosity and wanted to get hard shadows from hdr.
Asticles, just to confirm what I have experienced with POV-Ray, I found a thread at CGTalk just about that:
HDRI + hard shadows Is it possible???
The suggestions/recommendations are basically the same.