Wings 3D Development Forum

Full Version: Stamp project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Friend of mine asked me to help him with stamp project and everything would be of OK, but now when I want to start creating it I see some problems. Let me start from the begining: I want to use very detailed picture for metal stamp. It will be representing some tree (with a lot of leafs and branches) and from the 3D point of view is very complicated and time-consuming. My question is: is there any option/plug-in to convert it from 2D (bump map?) to 3D? it would save some time and in the final can be used as a reference for more detailed object.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember something from Mlab plugins with similar purpose. Anyhow, I was thinking about making SVG and then use Mlab SVG plug-in
I would be grateful for any information about converting such a file.

Regards,

Hank
hmmm its possible to use heightmap images and 'bump' object using these. Dont know if this is what are you looking for, but Micheus's 'mesh bump plugin' is really great for 2.5D works ;p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k31ESDRU8z8
There's also the heightmap plugin, but it has some image size limitation.

But, if your mesh is highly detailed then mesh bump can really be an option. Take a look in this post (mesh bump + normal map)